Final Blog

Reflection of Class

I came into this class very opened minded, with the mindset to learn something that I did not learn before and that is exactly what happened. I would considered the material at the beginning of the semester to be challenging because I was kind of old English which is tough to interpret, but once we moved past that part of the semester I really enjoyed all of the readings. This class has tough me a lot of things that I did not know before such as, things about other religions, true meaning behind childhood fairy tales, and morals. All of the things I learned can be applied to my life, and it should be applied to others as well. 
Image result for little red riding hoodFor example, I am now aware that someday when I have a child, I will read them the tale of Little Red Riding Hood. At first the will enjoy the story because I am there dad, and I am using a spooky voice and gestures to bring an adrenaline rush through there body. But as I tell them the story I can also sneak a valuable lesson in there minds unknowingly, to stay away from strangers because they can cause danger. This makes me happy because I am having fun with my children, expanding their imagination, but most importantly I am instilling values within them that they can use throughout the rest of their lives.

Aside from the learning aspects of class, Professor Esa made the class exciting each and every day. One thing that was challenging for me was the time schedule of the class. If you know me, you know I am truly not a morning person at all; so when I signed up for the class I was intimated by the challenging of attending class everyday and falling asleep of boredom. But this was not at all how the class operated, Professor Esa is very exciting and passionate about his studies that it grabs your attention and curious about whats next. Professor Esa always comes in to class with joy, and even presents such as chocolate or candy's for the class. Having a Professor like this makes a class much more relaxing, and make learning fun and not forced upon students. Overall, I enjoyed all of the material we covered in the class, I am glad to have taken this class and I will definitely recommend the class to friends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Child as Hero

Arabic Stories